About the Opportunity
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is looking to hire for the job post of Counsel with respect to data protection laws globally including privacy, safeguarding, bank secrecy, etc., for its Mumbai office.
About JP Morgan
JP Morgan & Chase Co. is a global services firm headquartered in New York, USA.
Being a multinational investment bank and financial services holding company, it’s the largest bank in the United States and the seventh-largest bank in the world by total assets.
Role and Responsibilities
The Data Protection & Privacy Legal Practice Group, which reports to the Corporate & Regulatory Law General Counsel, provides legal advisory services across all of the Firm’s lines of business and corporate functions with respect to data protection laws globally including privacy, safeguarding, bank secrecy, blocking, professional confidentiality, data localization, cross-border data transfer, biometrics, and breach notification laws.
The Counsel will be responsible for the following:
- Perform legal research to help ensure understanding of the complex framework of current and evolving legal requirements around the world
- Prepare legal guidance
- Prepare training and awareness materials
- Assist in the drafting and development of internal data protection policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices
- Assist in negotiating and documenting the Firm’s relationships with its customers and vendors
- Identify and help the Firm stay abreast of developments and trends in data protection
Who can Apply
- Work Experience: 3-7 years of relevant data protection and privacy law experience with a law firm or corporate law department.
- Desirable Experience: In-house experience in financial services or data-driven technology sectors.
Please Note: Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in advising on current and prospective data protection regulatory developments
- Ability to understand and partner with the business to create solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pragmatic with excellent business sense.
- Understanding the interplay between legal and business risk.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and other third parties.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently and play a role in larger complex projects in a fast-paced and complex business environment