About the Opportunity
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) is looking to hire a Counsel for its Markets Legal department, for the Mumbai office.
About JP Morgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. It was founded in the year 2000 and is headquartered in New York, USA.
JPMorgan Chase is ranked by S&P Global as the largest bank in the United States and the seventh-largest bank in the world by total assets, with total assets of US$3.213 trillion.
- The Markets MCC team’s provision of legal transactional support to the APAC Markets businesses based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures, including the following.
- Review and support of wholesale financial transactional documentation including credit, trading, TOBs, prime brokerage, derivatives, and regulatory-driven documentation.
- Review of constitutional documents, to ensure that all the requisite corporate consents and capacity and authority requirements are in place prior to finalization of agreements and subsequent commencement of business or trading.
- Providing support for global documentation or remediation projects.
- Providing gap analysis and summary of the transaction and client-specific deviations in negotiated agreements from standardized templates or against playbooks and policy manuals to identify discrepancies, escalation mechanisms, and managing remediation exercises.
- Entering and managing data from standardized or negotiated agreements into internal systems and assisting in the maintenance of databases relating to firm-wide initiatives.
- Drafting, reviewing, and finalizing documentation including notices, consents, MOUs, LOIs and RFPs, etc. in accordance with existing templates.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2-7 years PQE in professional practice and/or in in-house experience covering Markets related work in a comparable financial institution.
- Strong drafting, negotiation, and legal analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with senior business personnel and stakeholders in other functions.
- Self-directed and highly motivated attitude coupled with an ability to work collaboratively in a high performing team.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at a local, regional, and global level and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals.
- Competency in the use of technology, documentation management systems, and shared databases will be viewed favorably.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately.
- Comfortable working with metrics and data measurement systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
How to Apply
- Click on the link given after this section and scroll down to the bottom to find the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Enter your e-mail address after being redirected to the page for the application.
- Import your information and go ahead with filling the application form.