About the organisation
The Criminal Justice & Police Accountability Project is a Bhopal-based research and litigation intervention working to build accountability against the unjust criminalisation of marginalised communities, and towards decarceration.
The associate will contribute to the Project’s litigation wing, handling pre-trial and trial work, and strategic litigation in the High Court and Supreme Court. This will involve providing legal representation on the ground and in police stations and appearances before Bhopal’s Trial Court and the High Court of Madhya Pradesh.
The associate will also contribute to the Project’s research work. The associate will be expected to be strong-willed, resilient and eager to push the boundaries of an unrelenting system that is biased towards status quo.
Number of vacancies
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Graduation in Law enrolled with a Bar Council of any State.
- Excellent knowledge of criminal law and procedure.
- Experience in interacting with police and prison authorities.
- 2-5 years of litigation experience, preferably trial court experience (desirable).
- Written and oral competency in English and Hindi (sufficient to draft and argue).
- Competence in speaking Gondi and/or Pardhi (desirable).
- CPA Project is looking for candidates from Adivasi, Dalit and ex-criminalised/DNT/nomadic Communities. We also encourage other Bahujan and Pasmanda Muslim women, trans, queer and gender non-conforming individuals, persons with disabilities and individuals from LGBTQIA+communities to apply. We will however accept all applications we receive.
- CPA Project is committed to create a safe working environment for the selected candidates conversant with their social contexts.
CPAProject will be able to offer remuneration of Rs. 50,000, health insurance and other benefits.
How to apply?
Write to cpaprojectindia[at]gmail.com with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a statement of purpose by November 15, 2020.
E-mail ID: cpaprojectindia[at]gmail.com