About the Institution
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions, and strategic impact litigation.
About the Job
CLPR is looking to engage an Associate Editor for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative.
SCO is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India, which brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court for everyone. It aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
Among other tasks, the Associate Editor will:
- Edit daily reports of tracked cases in the Supreme Court of India.
- Identify cases to be tracked at the Supreme Court of India.
- Write case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content.
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court.
- Plan and execute social media and other outreach strategies.
- Organise workshops, seminars, conferences and other events.
- Manage court reporters.
- Must demonstrate excellent research and outstanding writing skills.
- Must have a strong academic background (master’s degree preferred).
- Must have a law degree.
How to Apply?
Write to Kruthika R at rkruthika.3[at]gmail.com and mention ‘Application for Research Associate/Associate Editor | SCO’ in the subject of your mail.
- Writing Sample (preferably two: 1. Academic 2. General)
- Statement of Purpose (5oo words)
E-mail ID: rkruthika.3[at]gmail.com