Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Sales, Development ASP, Legal
This position is a part of the Global Development Initiative at the Group level exclusively working for Developing new Wind Energy Projects in India.
- Providing legal support for land purchase /acquisition initiatives of wind farm and hybrid projects, ensuring risk free land acquisition by getting title approval and following all relevant government procedures
- Undertaking legal due diligence/title search report of land parcels acquired /proposed to be acquired for the various project at different states including but not limited to Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh
- Handling contracts for land acquisition for wind farm projects in India. This will include preparation and vetting of all land related documents including but not limited to MOU/LOI, agreement to sale, conveyance deeds, lease deed, agreement with land aggregators, part performance agreements, power of attorney, land development agreement and other connected documents
- Stay updated with the application of state land laws, property laws and local laws including all issues relating to conversion of agricultural land into NA., title search and preparation of title reports, mutation, amalgamation of land, stamp tasks and registration of documents
- Supporting the execution team on all legal issues during the land acquisition for the projects and during actual execution of the projects
- Handle land related litigation, identifying relevant lawyers, providing necessary documentation support, coordinating internally, vetting the pleadings, monitoring the case status, representing company in the court as and when required and dealing with law enforcement agencies
- Degree in Law from reputed law school in India with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Mix of experience with infrastructure/ wind power projects will be advantageous
- Understanding of power industry based on renewable source of energy
- Understanding of Land Acquisition laws and regulations and their variation with states
- Understanding of litigation process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Knowledge of laws relating to land purchase and sale agreements, land leases and ROW, easements, operating and administration agreements, land surveys, and litigation, due diligence, knowledge of land documents & land acquisition processes etc. Land litigation related issues, Real estate regulation, land acquisition related acts, State specific regulations/ laws, Indian Contract Act
- Professional contract review and drafting skills
- Ability to handle high work load volumes
What We Offer
We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural and dynamic department focusing on reaching world class results. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right solutions and getting it done – all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission.
Your primary workplace will be in Delhi
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th Nov’20.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.