Retail Structured Products Team
Position: JPMorgan’s EMEA Retail Structured Products (RSP) Team is looking for a motivated individual to assist with structured securitised transactions, working with the other lawyers in the team on business and regulatory projects and supporting the lawyers in maintaining the bank’s securitised issuance programmes.
Individual will be responsible for liaising with the Structured Investments Distributor Marketing (SIDM) business on their securitised transactions, including reviewing and drafting of disclosure and transaction legal documents and ensuring that they are finalised in a timely manner. Position involves managing a steady stream of transactional flow – we are looking for someone who is very organised and good with time management.
Individual will also be working on business and legal projects. Typical projects include on-boarding new automation platforms and working with other SIDM stakeholders in creating legal documentation templates, conducting jurisdictional research and regulatory implementation. Projects are typically co-ordinated and led from London and the individual will be working with other lawyers in the team on pre-defined tasks and participating as a key member on the wider project team. Individual will also support lawyers in the RSP team with the maintenance of the bank’s issuance platforms such as drafting of supplements and assisting with regulatory filings.
The role will require individual to interact regularly with the other lawyers in the team, SIDM Sales desks, corporate support functions (e.g. Compliance, Tax, Middle Office) and external counsel.
The position is in Mumbai at J.P. Morgan Corporate Centre (“MCC”), but will report to the Head of Retail Structured Products Legal based in London and with a local supervisor in the MCC.
- Trade flow: liaising with SIDM Sales in reviewing term sheets and providing the business with legal approval to trade, drafting of legal documents or in some cases, engaging external counsel to assist with drafting of legal documents.
- Automated platform trade flow: reviewing legal documents and working with other lawyers in the team and SIDM stakeholders to roll-out new templates and payoffs. Growing the automated platform business is one of the SIDM business’ key priorities.
- Trade amendments and restructures: liaising with SIDM Sales and Middle Office teams to remediate trade/economic terms in legal documents and occasionally helping clients with trade restructurings.
- Projects: participating in working groups/project team working alongside other lawyers in the team on business and legal (departmental) projects. Projects may include updating of existing and creating new legal templates to meet business needs or comply with regulatory change, due diligence, research, capturing and presenting data in spreadsheets and providing project management support.
- Advisory: supporting other lawyers in the team in carrying out research and drafting responses to the business or legal department on a variety of topics ranging from securities law and derivatives, contracts, licensing, cross-border and regulatory.
- Issuance platforms: supporting senior lawyers in the team on maintaining various issuance platforms, drafting supplements and assisting with regulatory filings.
- Qualified in India or other common law jurisdiction with at least 3 years post- qualification corporate/commercial legal experience either as in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a top tier corporate law firm.
- Experience with structured products and derivatives documentation
- Team player, confident and proactive, enjoys regular interaction with legal colleagues and other corporate functions
- Exceptionally organised and has great communication skills
- Fluent in commercial contract drafting and legal analytical skills
- Interested in transactional and project work
- Ability to work in a multi-jurisdiction environment, experience in remote working/ off shore working would be a plus but it is not a pre-requisite
- Conflicts of Interest: All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Licensing Qualifications : JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Apply here : https://in.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=203fcca791a79ae4&from=serp