About the Opportunity
GSK or Glaxo Smith Kline, India is looking to hire for the job post of Assistant Legal Counsel, for its office in Bangalore.
Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) plc is a British multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Brentford, England.
GlaxoSmithKline PLC is a science-led global healthcare company. The Company operates through two segments: Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines. The Company focuses on its research across six areas: Respiratory diseases, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/infectious diseases, Vaccines, Immuno-inflammation, Oncology, and Rare diseases. The Company makes a range of prescription medicines and vaccines products.
- Accountable for providing quality contracting support autonomously to the business. This includes providing analysis, drafting and counsel on transactions, including any related legal, policy, regulatory and compliance issues—integrating legal knowledge with sound business understanding and IT systems supporting contracting process.
- Collaborating with and providing counsel to numerous relevant GSK stakeholders.
- Working on matters of higher complexity with greater support from their line manager or other relevant colleagues.
- Negotiating and drafting other legal documents. Conducting research on various legal issues. Performing or supporting due diligence on proposed transactions.
- Reviewing and interpreting new or pending legislation and regulations impacting contracting to ensure compliance and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Being aware of departmental guidance on best practices, processes, templates, clauses and playbooks.
- Communicating directly with business clients and participate in general business meetings, teams and projects as required to provide timely, effective legal advice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in-house, including relevant experience in commercial contracting preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as this position supports global business in different geographies.
- Familiarity with global privacy law and GDPR.
- Understanding of legal and financial risks and implications of contracts.