About the Opportunity
Citi, the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup, is looking to hire Senior Compliance Risk Officer for its Mumbai office.
The position serves the title APAC Compliance Regulatory & Exam Management Senior Officer I.
Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later became First National City Bank of New York.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB), a global leader in banking, credit cards and wealth management, is a critical growth engine for Citi. With a strategic focus on the U.S., Mexico and Asia, the Global Consumer Bank serves more than 110 million clients in 19 markets.
- Executing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and designing and delivering a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm’s risk appetite and protect the franchise.
- Coordinating interactions with regulators
- Providing strategic advice and regular updates to management (including prepare business personnel for meetings with regulators) regarding the matters being handled
- Communicating extensively (orally and in writing) and developing effective relationships with regulators
- Establishing and developing effective relationships in APAC region with Citigroup senior management, front line, second line (including independent risk) finance, HR, Legal and Internal Audit to obtain information / documentation to respond to regulatory requests proactively and on time with quality. Specific concentration of efforts will be in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Identifying mitigating facts and circumstances (as applicable) to respond to potential issues identified during the examination, pre-exam sessions and post exam sessions.
- Monitoring the full lifecycle of identified regulatory issues ensuring that concerns are communicated, assigned responsibility, and tracked to resolution.
See the detailed list of responsibilities on the job post page of Citi.
- Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in the area of focus
- Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
- Knowledge and Skills:
- The expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Significant Experience with or previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators within the region, and in particular banking regulators
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team-oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in the area of focus