About the Opportunity
Adyen, a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments, is looking to hire for the role of Regulatory Legal and Compliance Officer at Mumbai.
Adyen is a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen has more than 3,500 customers and is listed on the stock exchange Euronext.
Adyen offers merchants online services for accepting electronic payments by payment methods including credit cards, bank-based payments such as debit cards, bank transfer, and real-time bank transfers based on online banking. Adyen’s online payment platform connects to payment methods across the world. Payment methods include international credit cards, local cash-based methods, such as Boleto in Brazil, and Internet banking methods, such as iDEAL in the Netherlands. The technology platform acts as a payment gateway, payment service provider, and offers risk management and local acquiring.
- Proactively identify and assess regulatory oversight and compliance requirements applicable to the company’s business in India and extend necessary support in meeting the obligations
- Translate identified obligations into relevant internal policies and procedures, communicate and work towards implementation of the same across global businesses
- Coordinate with internal teams and ensure timely regulatory and compliance reporting to government and regulatory stakeholders in India
- Represent regulatory affairs and compliance function across workstreams and products to develop necessary strategies to ensure controlled and compliant growth
- Identify opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliance solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives
- Scan and analyze political and legislative horizon to predict policy developments, seek necessary policy intervention and offer market intelligence to influence public policy
- Analyze regulatory policies, guidelines, and reports, bills and acts, licensing and authorization requirements pertaining to payments and financial services industry in India
- Advise the Country Manager on an ongoing basis on the regulatory developments, policy priorities and other measures that may impact the company’s business in India.
- Facilitate meetings with key government and regulatory stakeholders for senior executives of the company to rightly position company priorities in India.
- Build and manage relationships with industry associations (IBA, PCI, IAMAI, CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, etc.) consultants and high commission, etc.
Requirements for the Role
The candidate applying should:
- Have 5-7 years’ experience in regulatory, legal, and/or second-line compliance functions;
- Practicing lawyer’s a plus
- Have knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry will be well established
- Have a working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry
- Is analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth
- Have solid interpersonal skills, specifically, you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Have a strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
- Due to cross-border controls and restrictions, you must already currently reside in Mumbai and do not require a working visa sponsorship