About the Opportunity
Standard Chartered, a multinational banking and financial services company, is looking to hire lawyers for the post of Legal Associate, in Bangalore.
About Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England. It operates a network of more than 1,200 branches and outlets across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people.
It is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- To review, draft and validate global procurement contracts (technology and non-technology) like NDAs, proof of concept agreements, SOWs, Order Forms, change orders, to ensure they meet the Group’s third-party contract standards and applicable law
- To assist with contractual queries from business stakeholders and supply chain in case of any ambiguity
- Provide clarity on contract language by conducting contract review and research and provide analysis and recommendation accordingly
- To assist legal teams across the Bank to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement and external legal costs
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law
- To assist with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes and workflow
- To support team administration tasks where required
Skills and Qualifications
Must be a qualified lawyer in a common-law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney, or barrister) with 1-3 years’ post-qualification experience and have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of commercial contract requirements in relation to technology and non-technology procurement matters.
- Experience in contract legal support (whether through in-house or private practice) and business acumen
- Experience in reviewing contracts using contract templates and/or using contract guidance or playbooks
- Ability to draft contract terms to meet requirements
- Understanding of risk management techniques
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence, and resilience
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels of staff