Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Assistant General Counsel – I
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best. We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About The Role & What You’ll Do
• Strategic thinking ability to handle and advise
the FK Group on all litigation matters, labour and employment matters, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements. • Research into new applicable laws regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
• Drafting and Vetting Court pleadings, (including affidavits and applications), notices and replies (including statutory, recovery as well as consumer notices)
• Risk spotting- Proactively identifying potential matters
Managing critical as well as consumer matters for
the FK Group
•Institutionalizing best practices for litigation and documentation management with an objective to increase efficiencies
• Research and analysis of various policies, bills, amendments, notifications, relating to and impacting the Group
• Initiates cross-functional efforts to drive
• Articulates corporate positions on compliance matters to regulators and external agencies and directs involvement with regulators to ensure
compliance with all legal requirements
• Develop external relationships and alliances with law firms and advocates strengthening the capabilities of the labour and employment function.
What you will need?
•LLB/LLM from a reputed Law College
• In-house litigation experience in the corporate function reputed company along with a law firm is
preferable, but not mandatory.
• 10-14 years of experience in litigation and related business advisory work
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills,
including ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced dynamic business environment. • Enable business without compromising on the process.
Ability to multitask.
• Good team player with a collaborative approach in
completing assignments. • Meticulous and punctual.
• Leverage business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to stakeholders
Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) with the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization
Consumer Goods, Internet
Click on the link below to apply