Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes!
Hitachi Vantara is searching for a Legal Counsel & Company Secretary with a proactive, business-minded approach to assist the Hitachi Vantara Legal & Compliance Team. This position is based in Bangalore, India. The role is required to interact and collaborate within the Legal & Compliance Team, with business teams and other functional teams as well on a global basis.
Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide array of commercial contracts, direct purchasing agreements, partner agreement, procurement contracts, master agreements, services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, consortium agreements and others, in India and other ASEAN regions.
• Reviewing of tender documents, bids, contract documents for risk analysis and mitigation steps, and accordingly respond to the bids, including government tenders from Indian and other governments in ASEAN.
As Company Secretary participating in various meetings of boards, committees and management bodies; preparing the agendas and minutes of such meetings within strict time periods.
• Updating local registrar of companies to reflect corporate changes and ensure all requisite filing is
• Assisting the legal team in ensuring that Hitachi
Vantara boards, committees and management bodies comply with relevant local legislation and regulation, including timely filing of forms and returns with the MCA/ROC, preparation and maintenance of
books and records.
• Support other lawyers for advisory and legal matters in India and ASEAN from time to time. • This position will have regular interactions with and
opportunities to collaborate within, and beyond, the global Hitachi Vantara Legal & Compliance Team. Ability to travel as the job requires.
• A Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university with 3 to 6 years of experience preferably with recent experience in the technology sector.
• Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries university with 3 to 6 years of experience preferably with recent experience in the technology sector.
• Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India is a must.
• Impeccable integrity – ethical and honest in all respects
• Excellent interpersonal skills. An individual who can work with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals across APAC and globally, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams. • Strong such as legal research, document drafting, advice preparation, client liaison, negotiation abilities and file management. Good knowledge of and strong foundation in commercial law and contract negotiations.
• A business-oriented, practical risk and balanced approach, is required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deliver tasks
within set deadlines.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Check out this job at Hitachi Vantara: