Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Multinational organizations need personnel who can provide legal business services support in their full lifecycle of process and subject matter challenges and opportunities. Deloitte Legal Business Services (“LBS”) is expanding its Legal Management Consulting (LMC) and Legal Managed Services (LMS) business to assist our multinational corporate legal business clients with all aspects of legal department consulting, technology, operations, managed services, transformation and efficiency projects. We intend to position Deloitte Legal Management Consulting as the clear market leader. Bring your expertise and client service skills to Deloitte and click “apply” now!
Work you’ll do :
As a Manager in Deloitte’s Legal Business Services function for Deloitte Tax Services India Private Limited (“Deloitte Tax in India”), you will play a key role as part of a growing team, delivering best in class legal management consulting services and Legal Operations in a dynamic environment, with a focus on operation model transformation and efficiency improvements of legal departments. You will play key role in recommending solutions for client financial legal spend management, eBilling management, data wrangling and analysis. You will provide corporate legal business services support on engagements for our clients’ large and complex organizations. You will be working with both US and global teams, as applicable and will contribute directly to delivering first class service to our clients. You will be working with Deloitte Partners, Principals, Managing Directors, of Legal Business Services (“LBS”) projects and engagements. You will support the engagement lifecycle from opportunity pursuit through service delivery and identification of expansion opportunities to continue to deliver benefits to our clients. As a part of the services, you will proactively identify, pursue and execute continuous service improvements through technology and process improvements. You need to consistently strive for excellence, taking pride in carrying out responsibilities efficiently and with impeccable execution and eye for detail. You should be a self-starter who works well within a team environment, is energized by a continuous learning environment, and possesses an ability to work well with deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understands financial accounting (income statements, balance sheets, cash flows) and financial, and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by companies, especially as it relates to legal expenses / legal spend.
- Assist leads in delivering corporate legal business engagements for Deloitte clients – primarily focusing on identification of process improvement and operational efficiencies within legal departments ranging from operating model review and redesign through legal department transformation.
- Gather data and prepare financial reporting and analysis preferably in a global organization.
- Deliver corporate legal business engagements for Deloitte clients – primarily focusing on identification of process improvement and operational efficiencies within legal departments ranging from operating model review and redesign through legal department transformation.
- Review the financial reporting and highlight the findings preferably in a global organization.
- Prepare the financial accounting (income statements, balance sheets, cash flows) and financial, and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by companies, especially as it relates to legal expenses/spend.
- Report complex financial information to project leadership and provide clear and concise analysis of the data.
- Ensures application of IT tools to enable processes automation. Proposes improvements and software upgrades.
- Help develop eminence and thought leadership materials.
- Analyze the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to govern, measure, and track client engagements.
- Report to the USI lead against KPIs and metrics.
- Draft proposals.
- Deliver level appropriate training to the LBS professionals along with the USI LBS lead.
- Advises LBS leadership and senior client stakeholders based on financial / legal process / spend analyses to manage risk, increase productivity, and reduce inefficiencies, while enabling the organization to achieve its overall objectives.
- Lead projects or workstreams as part of larger programs to deliver legal department assessments, redesign and transformation.
Disclaimer: Deloitte Tax in India and its affiliates in the United States and India do not practice law or provide legal advice.
Legal Business Services is a service line within Deloitte Tax in India that collaborates and works closely with other Deloitte business units, including Deloitte Advisory and Deloitte Consulting. As a part of the Deloitte network of member firms that spans many countries with thousands of professionals, Deloitte brings global perspectives and deep market and industry knowledge. Today’s multinational organizations need personnel who can support them with day-to-day and life event legal business services , across a multidisciplinary skillset. Deloitte has a long-standing reputation for helping clients navigate complex, cross-border issues.
- At least one of the following accreditations:
- Contract & Commercial Management (CCM) Certification Program
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Project Management Program (PMP)
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
- Or other similar accreditations
- Excellent understanding of the challenges and requirements of an in-house legal department, of diagnostic tools for legal departments and management methodologies for driving operational improvement and efficiency.
- 3 to 15+ years of relevant experience shaping and managing complex services for legal departments with demonstrated experience in legal operations and spend optimization projects.
- Level of familiarity with common legal technologies including eBilling, matter management and workflow.
- Expertise in a wide range of methodologies and project types including spend reviews, strategy reviews, target operating model redesigns and process reengineering.
- Expertise in financial reporting, billing, invoice review and financial management when providing legal operations services to the clients.
- Responsible for the financial management of contracts throughout the engagement lifecycle and people management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and other technology skills such as Excel, PPT, Visio, Power BI and Tableau.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Lean Six-Sigma and/or Project Management Professional certification
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Exceptional communication (to both internal and external stakeholders) and collaboration skills
- Superior client presentation skills
- High level of attention to detail, outstanding organization skills and well-developed critical thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Work Location: Hyderabad / Gurgaon
Shift Timings: 11 AM to 8 PM IST
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
\“Deloitte\” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Deloitte Tax LLP
Requisition code: E22HTAMGHN-LMCLnShow less
- Seniority levelEntry level
- Employment typeFull-time
- Job functionLegal
- IndustriesInformation Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services
Click on the link below to apply