Leegality is an exciting B2B SaaS startup on a mission to liberate Indian companies from paper.
Our unified eSign, eStamp and Document Workflow platform makes it faster and easier for businesses to enter into agreements with their customers, clients, business partners and investors in a secure and compliant manner.
At the intersection of technology, law and finance, we operate in one of the most exciting B2B SaaS markets in the country.
More than 750 Top Indian companies like Federal Bank, ICICI Lombard, Airtel Payments Bank, HDFC Ltd., WeWork India and more are eliminating paper from their paperwork through Leegality.
We were also the document platform of choice for Indias highest value deal to be eSigned to date.
But we aren’t satisfied.
We want to scale up 100 times of our current volumes and revenue in 5 years. For us to be successful in this mission – we need your help!
We are looking for people who see challenges as opportunities & not obstructions. People who possess ruthless problem-solving skills & a no-excuses attitude.
We expect that any person joining Leegality should:
- Have the ability to communicate constructively and candidly
- Understand prioritization and resource-efficiency
- Have the ability to quickly understand and align for business requirements
- Should be persistent in their attempt to reach goals.
- Be curiously explorative and believe that they can do great things!
We are looking for an ambitious, commercially pragmatic lawyer to safeguard its interests as it digitises more sectors and use-cases across India.
As a legal tech company, Leegality will provide you with the opportunity to create a unique impact as you work closely with its founders, sales, marketing and product teams in a high visibility role.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on all customer contracts and other commercial agreements.
- Set up and institutionalize robust internal processes to support business scalability. This would include creating SOPs, contract standardization, review.
- Strengthen existing corporate policies, supervisory oversight on compliance, ensuring external costs are properly controlled and so on.
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders and proactively provide counsel, strategic guidance and value added support on legal issues (including related to electronic signatures, data protection, stamping, financial regulation and on the potential legal implications of any significant matters pertaining to the operations of the business).
- Brief and manage external consultants where specialist advice is required.
- Identify and resolve legal risks in connection with the development of proprietary solutions.
- Work with the marketing team to promote legal and regulatory awareness around Leegality’s solutions (publishing whitepapers, assisting in creating content, marketing collaterals to help the target audience better understand the legal aspects of the product.
- As and when needed, lead the expansion of the team and mentor and train the internal legal team.
- 3-5 years of experience working with leading commercial law firms, corporate clients (internal or external).
- Demonstrable experience in drafting, negotiating and vetting Indian commercial agreements.
- Understanding of complex regulations with an ability to clearly communicate to management, employees and external stakeholders.
- Proven legal research skills and analytical ability in resolving legal issues.
- Sound and practical business judgment with clarity of thought.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- Ability to take ownership of matters and work without oversight; demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize and plan, coordinate and execute on assignments.
- Team player and consensus builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- LLB or equivalent from a reputed University
- Willing to join immediately.
- Strong grasp of commercial laws, regulations and legal concepts, policies and procedures related to IT, ITES, software and/ or internet industries.
- Previous work experience with an information technology company/ startup is preferred.
- Previous work experience related to information technology laws, RBI and SEBI regulations.
- To effectively evaluate your application, it is important that we get to know you better. It is necessary that you complete the job-based assessment.
- Please answer all questions in the assessment thoroughly.
- You will be shortlisted based on your profile and answers to the job – based assessment.
- On being shortlisted, you would be contacted for the interview process.
- We further have 3 rounds of interviews.
- Your final CTC would be decided on the basis of your skills, experience and final assessment.
Apply directly using the link given below