About the Indian School of Public Policy (ISPP)
The Indian School of Public Policy is India’s premier institute for public policy education, focused on the design and management of institutions, and the rules that govern society. Located in Delhi, It has been set-up by an eminent council of senior academicians, policy experts, administrators and philanthropists.
About the Job
Designation: Associate, Admissions and Outreach
Nature of role: Full Time
Work Experience: 2-3 Years
Required joining date: Immediate
Salary: Rs. 5 Lakhs P.A
Application Deadline: 2nd December 2020 (will screen applicants on a rolling basis)
Overview of the Role
The Indian School of Public Policy is looking to hire a commited, persuasive and creative candidate to assist our Admissions and Outreach function. This is a full time position, and will require the candidate to work from our office in New Delhi.
As a young institution providing world class education in the field of Public Policy, we are looking for a candidate who can both assist the marketing efforts towards enabling maximum and appropriate candidates/ number of registrations, as well as execute a stringent admissions process that will ensure that we admit only the most qualified and promising applicants.
As such, the ideal candidate would be a self-driven energetic individual who is extremely comfortable communicating over phone/video calls, has excellent verbal/written communications skills and is extremely diligent with processes.
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for screening candidates and managing financial aid, while also assisting the outreach function. While we prefer a candidate with experience managing the admissions process, we would prioritise talent and aptitude over experience.
- Assist the Admissions lead in developing an overarching admissions strategy based on course objectives, placement requirements and the feedback provided by relevant stakeholders.
- Design the applicant screening process, in consultation with stakeholders.
- Empanelment of panelists for the admission interviews. This includes coordinating with the panelists to fix interview dates, finalising their contracts, hosting orientation sessions on ISPP admission process etc.
- Manage the financial aid assessment process and oversee the disbursement of financial aid to qualified applicants.
- Tracking the fee payment of accepted scholars, and assisting them with the process.
- Organising onboarding sessions with the founders, professors, careers team, etc.
- Ensure accepted candidates complete the process and join ISPP as scholars.
- Assist (digital and non-digital) outreach activities towards maximising applications from quality candidates.
- Work experience in managing the admissions/intake process at reputed academic institutions / competitive fellowship programs.
- Demonstrable track record of enabling an increase in the quality and quantity of applications at previous workplaces.
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Comfortable working in a non-hierarchical start-up environment.
- Polite and persuasive conversational skills.
- Familiarity with Zoom or other communication platforms.
- Able to maintain calm and professional composure under pressure.
- Comfortable communicating over phone for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule, working during weekends during peak admissions season.
- Is proficient in both designing comprehensive processes and stringently implementing them.
- Understands digital media platforms, and has experience executing online marketing activities.
- Has a good degree of proficiency using spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets), is able to analyse data and create reports from spreadsheets.
Process of Selection
After shortlisting, there will be 3 rounds including 2 in-person interviews (fit, competency and HR) and one technical round (communication and basic excel skills).
The annual remuneration for this role will be Rs. 5 Lakhs. There are no additional allowances, variables etc.
How to Apply?
You will need to submit:
- Your updated CV
- A 150-200 word SOP on why you are best suited for this role
- A one-page pdf document on ‘Highlight 5 current features of ISPP that you think has helped us in attracting quality applicants and suggest how we can better leverage/improve each of them’
In case of any queries/issues, please reach out to careers[at]ispp.org.in.