About the Organization:
Desai Foundation for Change (DFC), a secular, non-profit, Mumbai based organization, is born out of a decade of philanthropic work. We focus on finding and bridging gaps for the beneficiaries with an aim to enhance access and opportunities in areas of health, education and livelihoods. We do this by developing innovative and sustainable initiatives that strengthen and empower the needy to try and achieve their potential.
The Programme for Legal Education and Awareness (PLEA) aims to enhance the analytical, critical skills of aspiring lawyers along with their written and oral presentation skills to reduce the gap between experienced legal professionals and young lawyers entering the profession, expose them to a variety of facets of the profession, extend support to the underserved communities and mobilize the young to be change makers. PLEA offers a range of activities such as interactive sessions, discussion forums, lectures by experts, and educational workshops for beginners.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about bringing in change and creating meaningful opportunities for young law graduates. The incumbent would be responsible for:
- Coordinating with various law firms, lawyers and advocates to engage speakers and experts for the programme.
- Drafting templates and the content of various topics to be covered by the speaker.
- Drafting content for the speakers of the sessions.
- Conducting marketing drives so that people are more aware of our programmes. This will include the use of social media (like whatsapp, facebook, instagram, linkedin).
- Coordination and Research as and when the supervisor assigns a new task.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Educational Qualification: Graduate or higher (candidate with legal knowledge preferred).
- Freshers can apply too.
- Proficiency of spoken and written English.
- Law students can apply as an Intern.
- Ability to coordinate with participants and stakeholders at various levels and travel for meetings
- Up to date knowledge on the latest legal developments and sound knowledge of the basics of the law
- Effective use of resources and ability to ensure outcomes within timelines
- Good strategic, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to implement innovative ideas
- Passion for NGO engagement
- Ability to manage diversity and walk the talk
- Sound work values and ethics
Please go through the following links to know more:
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
- Morning shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mumbai, Maharashtra (Required)
- English (Required)
- Community & Social Service
- Temporarily due to COVID-19