About the Organization
Wildlife Conservation Society-India is an organization that works towards conservation backed by science. They engage with governments and partner with several other NGOs to achieve the best results.
About the Job
Job Title: Legal Director
Open Positions: 1
Reports to: Country Director
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with experience.
The Legal Director is expected to meet the following responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the legal team at WCS-India.
- Provide support to the Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT) Program by building training modules, providing assistance to Law Enforcement Agencies with cases against wildlife traffickers, build a network of lawyers that donate their time pro bono to CWT efforts and conduct research on issues pertaining to CWT.
- Lead on efforts to build a policy unit that works on international and national policy pertaining to wildlife conservation.
- Graduate/Postgraduate degree with a specialization in environmental law and policy.
- Demonstrable experience in the area of conservation is required.
- 7-10 years of work experience in the domain of environmental law and policy.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills.
- Experience of working on policy surrounding wildlife and ecology.
- Experience in interacting with government officials and law enforcement.
- Prior experience working in an interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply?
Kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application: Legal Director”, your CV and a letter of intent by 10th February 2021, if interested. Please note that applications without a letter of intent will not be entertained.