About the Opportunity
Ashoka South Asia’s Law for All initiative is looking to hire an entrepreneurial individual for the role of Program Leader, to develop and lead its Law for All Initiative.
Ashoka, with the brand name Ashoka: Innovators of the Public, is an international organization that promotes social entrepreneurship by affiliating individual social entrepreneurs into the Ashoka organization. Founded in the year 1980 by Bill Drayton, they aim to shape a global, entrepreneurial, competitive citizen sector: one that allows social entrepreneurs to thrive and enables the world’s citizens to think and act as changemakers.
The Law for All Initiative will search, select, and support social entrepreneurs and young changemakers innovating to make the legal system more accessible, inclusive, and effective.
- Develop and lead the overall strategy for growth of the Law for All program in India.
- Identify, select and engage social entrepreneurs and young changemakers with ideas to change the legal industry in India
- Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to drive growth in identification, selection, and engagement of Ashoka Fellows
- Conceptualize and implement strategies and systems to leverage learning and insights from Ashoka Fellows, partners, and allies to advance the field of social entrepreneurship
- Identify opportunities to enable Ashoka Fellows and changemakers to work together and change ecosystems in different issue areas.
Skills and Experience Required
- Work Experience: 8-10 years of work experience including some in the social impact space, whether in a profit or non-profit setting
- Should have played the lead entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial role in creating or co-creating organizations and/or initiatives that have achieved impact, financial sustainability, and scale
- Demonstrate an ability to build and collaborate with other teams and networks
- Inspire trust and demonstrate strong ethical fiber
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills to lead a dynamic team and network
- Be an Indian national
This role of Program Leader is an excellent opportunity for Law graduates with an appetite for making a social impact through making the legal system more accessible.