The Economist, India is looking to hire for the job role of Research Analyst for its Global Forecasting Team, in Gurgaon.
About The Economist
The Economist is an international weekly newspaper printed in magazine-format and published digitally that focuses on current affairs, international business, politics, and technology.
Role and Responsibilities
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (The EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions.
The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries. The Country Analysis division of The EIU is looking for a Research Analyst in the Global Forecasting Team.
- Support editing/writing of Country Commerce reports, ensuring accuracy and alignment with The EIU forecasts and The Economist brand values.
- Draft and support the production of The EIU Chief Economist’s daily newsletter to The EIU’s global clients.
- Support the management and curation of The EIU’s ViewsWire service.
- Undertake other duties related to The EIU’s Global Forecasting services, including maintaining network of proficient international correspondents to help produce content, client/prospect engagement, and product development.
- Play an active role in team discussions on regional themes and the development of global views.
- Support other members of the team when they need it.
- Experience, skills, and professional attributes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Relations or related subject
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, International Relations or related subject
- Knowledge of macroeconomics and global trade
- An interest in current political and economic developments
- Fluent writing and editing skills in English, and an ability to write well under time pressure
- An ability to write quickly and incisively about issues of interest to our clients
- The ability to juggle different tasks effectively
Interests and Attributes Desired
- A knack for placing clients first and maintaining a commercial focus in everything you do
- A willingness to developing yourself and the people around you for the benefit of our business and our clients
- You can get things done through communication, collaboration, and alignment with the business
- You will continuously seek ways to make our business more successful; you see change not as an obstacle but as an opportunity to deliver more for our clients
- Courage and integrity; you take accountability and responsibility and do not avoid difficult situations or take the easy route