Supreme Court Legal Services Committee is an effort to provide legal aid and assistance to the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society. Supreme Court is the last Court of Justice in the country.
With the purpose of providing free legal aid to the persons (eligible under Section 12 of Legal Service Authorities Act, 1987)Supreme Court Legal Services Committee was constituted, to approach Hon’ble Supreme Court.
About the Opportunity
Eligible candidates are invited by SCLSC for filling up one post of Consultant on a contractual basis in the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
Number of Consultants Required
- Law Graduate (3 years/5 year law; From a Bar Council of India recognized School/ College/University)
- BCI Licensed Advocate
- One Year Experience as an Advocate
- Knowledge of computers including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting independent research and preparing documentation.
- Suggesting remedial steps (if any) and identifying positive actions taken (if any) so that a series of best practices are evolved over the years in the field of legal aid.
- DIscussing each case with the potential litigant and preparing a brief wherever necessary so that the panel lawyer can draft the SLP or petition as the case may be.
- Following up the case with the panel lawyer, being in contact with the under-trial prisoner or convict through e-conferencing or otherwise
- Assisting the Senior Counsel.
- Additional and miscellaneous administrative duties such as organizing webinars, and group discussionswith the experts on the subject of legal aid and advice on the prison reforms, etc.
- Such additional duties as assigned by the SCLSC.
The candidate should not be above 25 years of age on the closing date of the application.
Rs. 40,000 per month and deduction of applicable tax.
Initially for 1 year which may be extended, subject to the approval of the Competent Authority.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants may submit their applications in the prescribed format indicating their interest in working for the SCLSC.
- The application envelop should be clearly labelled as “Application for the post of Consultant in the office of SCLSC“
- The application form should be addressed to:
Supreme Courst Legal Services Committee,
107, Lawyers Chambers,
Supreme Court Compound,
November 13, 2020